Thursday, January 18, 2007

Short and sweet


I think I found my favorite place to write blog entries. Instead of the comfort of being either on a desk or on a bed inside a hotel room, I actually enjoy entering my entries in the back of the Buick Rendezvous while we are on the road. It’s something about Myles and Earl driving that wants me to write this, literally behind their backs. [Myles notes: Ernest spends more time sleeping than awake when we are driving on road trips, which is why he "sits" in the back]

Now, after 3 nights in Montreal, we are heading to the nation’s capital to cheer on the Canucks as they take on the Senators.

My blog will be much shorter than last as the other guys wrote much about our stay in Montreal. Plus, I didn’t really spend much time by myself. But here are some random thoughts about my stay.

Our hotel had the fitness room and sauna on the top floor of the hotel. Very strange, as for the hotels that I have stayed at, the pool was on the bottom floor. However, I did appreciate having the luxury of drying myself from a dip in the pool, and looking over the city from the 26th floor.

Shopping in Montreal was fantastic, or in the words of a Scottish girl “Fabulous”. I was overjoyed, but yet surprised, to see that there was a store that had the same name as me, “Ernest”. Going inside, I was hoping to find an “Ernest” shirt to buy for myself and as a gift, but the store only had other name brand clothing. Myles did ask if there was “Ernest” clothing, however, the salesman laughed the word “no”. I did settle for a clothes hanger with “Ernest” on it. I’m pretty proud of it.


One thing I haven’t done much in my lifetime is travel within Canada. I frequent the States more than I visit Canada outside the lower mainland. So I keep forgetting that I don’t have any “spending limit” before I pay duty. I did happen to buy a bunch of stuff for myself, but one thing I didn’t find in Montreal was a Go Canadiens foam finger. My friend Kristy, was disappointed upon hearing this news. So I bought her a rubber ducky instead.

The Canadiens game was great, although I hear that the fans get rowdy. Unfortunately they did not get to cheer much as the Canucks shut them out. Sitting beside me was a teenage girl wearing a Habs jersey with her last name stitched on the back (which in Earl’s world is a definite no-no). Jessica told me that it is her very first Habs game, and that her grandfather took her. Although cheering for Montreal, I convinced her to cheer on the Canucks while she has given up hope on her team.

Key Score: Canucks 4 – Montreal 0
Items I gained: lots of stuff
Things I lost: My cold
Things my friend may have lost: Earl can’t find his passport

-Ernest

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DOH!!!
A Passport is the last thing you want to lose right now.

Earl said...

Thankfully I found my passport between the seats of the car!

We made a 12 hour video of the highlights of Ernest sleeping in the car, but alas it was too big for Youtube to host...