Thursday, January 18, 2007

Game 4 - Buffalo Preview

Great Animal - Horrible City

What I’m looking forward to:
- Sitting in row 9 behind the penalty box
- Leaving the city
- Retro jerseys, since both the Canucks and Sabres joined the league in the same season

What I’m not looking forward to:
- Being mugged
- The Buffaslug
- "Second game in two nights" play vs one of the best teams in the league

Canucks memories:
- Not that I was around, but the Sabres set the tone for the Canucks to have the pathetic franchise history that we do, and it just happened to be my birthday. (Although years before I was born) (from http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/nhl/news/2001/08/08/sayitaintso_canucks/ )
- The Canucks had Numbers. 1-6, and the Sabres had 7-12. The wheel spun and it was announced that No. 1 came up, sending Canucks GM Norman "Bud" Poile and his entourage into a frenzy. But Buffalo GM Punch Imlach noticed that the digits were on top of one another and the wheel actually had landed on No. 11. The league sided with Imlach, giving the Sabres the top pick, which they used to draft Perreault.
- This was a classic (I miss Gino!):



Bets on the game:
- I don’t know any Sabres fans, but I’m sure I’ll find someone at the game

Other bets:
- Number of Jumbotron appearances: I’ve got 0, 1 is a push, Ernest has 2+ (He is a Jumbotron whore after all)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! you took a picture of me! where is it! :P at buffalo!

Anonymous said...

you should put all of the pictures on one page somehow! then nobody will be looking like me ! .... BUFFALO hmmm... two girls red jerseys. right across from the funny rowdy guys! :)

kmyles said...

Did you see your photo?