Monday, January 15, 2007

Montreal Calling

What I’m looking forward to:
• The city – I’ve been there in the summer and it’s great. We’ll see what I think when it’s -30 instead of +30. Then again, Club Supersexe is Club Supersexe
• Poutine
• Smoking in church
• Meeting more Canucks fans on the road, en francais

What I’m not looking forward to:
• The people/attitude
• The cold & and slipping on the icy sidewalk (my dad once caught Pierre Elliot Trudeau after he slipped!)

Canucks memories:
• Yuck, the Canucks are 25-71-13 all time against Montreal
• I can’t honestly say I remember this brawl but it’s pretty cool:



• I do remember being stuck in Kamloops in a blizzard coming back from an Okanagan ski trip in 1990. Since the Canucks and Habs were playing at least I had something to do. Unfortunately the Canucks didn’t show up that night and the Habs won 10-1. I think I ended up switching over to Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
Last year’s game was great – 6 goals in the first 14 minutes. Nice that we were sitting with a Habs fan too! (Andre got Myles' ass in his face for goal number 5 while he cried and deflected calls from his friends). Not that I should be complaining but the game was pretty boring after that.
• Stealing Jyrkki Lumme for a pick that turned into the immortal Craig Darby.

Bets on the game:
Myles and Andre have a 5 bucks per point bet going all season on the Canucks and Hab respectively. A night out out of drinking is on the line between me and Robbie.

-Earl

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha this is too entertaining- make the hometown proud and keep up the hijinks, boys...

Anonymous said...

Where is everyone meeting for the pre-game beers?

please reply

Earl said...

Not sure yet - somewhere near the Bell Centre. I'm asking for a place on the Canucks forum, if not we'll post a location in the morning

http://forum.canucks.com/viewtopic.php?t=137760