Thursday, January 11, 2007

1 day until we leave for The Big Smoke.

Here are my thoughts on Toronto:

What I’m looking forward to:
• Seeing a hockey game in the CENTRE OF THE FUCKING UNIVERSE
• Watching the Leafs blow it
• I guess there are worse places to be for Hockey Day in Canada
• Watching the Seahawks lose on Sunday

What I’m not looking forward to:
• The city
• The people
• The Tim Hortons coffee
• Recovering from the beating I take for wearing my Leafs Suck shirt

Canucks memories:

Greg Adams! Greg Adams! Game 5 double OT!
• Even though we ended up losing this game was amazing. Naslund totally undressed Joseph on a penalty shot (why can’t he do that in shootouts these days?)



• My (Leafs fan) friend ran into Mats Sundin before the Canucks-Leafs game last year. He approached him and said “Mats, my friend Earl hates the Leafs, could he get your autograph?” Here it is:


• Here’s a slide I made for him to display at his desk after the Canucks beat the Leafs last year:

• The Leafs blowing it against the Kings in 93 after the Kerry Fraser/Wayne Gretzky/Doug Gilmour incident (ok, this wasn’t a Canuck memory but I still enjoyed it)

Bets for the trip (lots more of these coming:

• Number of Jumbotron appearances: I’ve got 0, 1 is a push, Ernest has 2+ (He is a Jumbotron whore after all)

-Earl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blizzard warnings were issued to go to parts of Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin as snow socked the states in tandem with breeze gusts topping 45 miles (72 kilometers) per hour.
The rainstorm -- 10 days anterior to the onset of winter -- took its greatest toll in Minnesota, where as much as two feet (61 centimeters) of snow had fallen in some locations, according to the Nationalistic Weather Advantage (NWS).
The splendour's largest burg Minneapolis was directed a blanket of off-white 17 inches (43 cm) profound, the worst snowfall to charge the city in more than 19 years and the fifth-biggest on record.
As an incriminate in of the storm's mercilessness, Minneapolis-St. Paul Global Airport -- a transit heart with know-how in contending with foetid rise above -- was shush down for the oldest notwithstanding in years.