Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Nation's Capital - Game Preview

Ottawa
What I’m looking forward to:
- Watching the game with a big group of Canucks fans (and probably 8,000 Sens fans)

What I’m not looking forward to:
- The traffic to and from Kanata

Canucks memories:
- The outdoor practice on the Rideau Canal from a few years ago (which unfortunately won’t be happening this year unless it’s a swimming practice)
- Canucks 2 – Sens 1 in a shootout last year, probably the most exciting Canucks game of the season. I especially enjoyed yelling “Killer!” whenever Heatley had the puck. Here’s Daniel’s shootout winner (couldn’t find any better video than some dude’s cel phone)



Bets on the game:
- If the Canucks win then Sens fan has to drink Starbucks for a week
- If the Sens win I have to drink Tim Hortons for a week (I would rather drink motor oil)

-Earl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you're going to love every drop of that motor oil...

Jason

Dave O said...

Your right about last years' Sens vs. Nucks game. I recorded an episode of Canucks Outsider during that game which featured the first ever shootout at GM Place if i recall correctly.

Anyhow, I am really enjoying following your trip and am confident you'll be enjoying fine dark roasted organic espresso rather than TimHo brew after the tilt tonight.